CFMH will be closed today August 27th. Please be safe.
CFMH will not be open this Saturday August 26th for any classes, including Open Gym. Please stay safe.
What: It’s a Party! We will arrive at 7 pm, we have court 3 reserved for Volleyball at 8 pm! There will be TVs close by so we can watch the CF games.
Why: You get to hang out with your fellow athletes and coaches! (bring a date if you want, because we want to meet them)
Where: Wakefield CrowBar
954 Wakefield Dr.
Houston, TX 77018
*We will be supplying the location but not the refreshments.
When: 7 pm August 4th
Attire: It is an indoor/outdoor bar with volleyball courts, so casual attire.
CFMH will only be open for the 8:30 am class on July 4th. Wear your RED, White and Blue!
Come celebrate our Nations Holiday with your CrossFit Memorial Houston Family before you go off and celebrate the rest of the day with your other family 😉
Huge congratulations to Noel B. who won 1st place ($270), she lost 2 inches around her waist and improved her 400m sprint by 26%.
Annette M. came in 2nd place ($180), also losing 2 inches off her waist and improving her max sit ups by 36%.
Last but not least, Morgan F. taking 3rd place ($90) lost 5 inches off of her waist and improved her sit ups by 14%.
Great job to everyone who participated!!!! Keep up the good work!!
You can find recipes all over the web. Some are great, some just require too much stuff that I don’t keep in my house. Here are a few sites:
- Everyday Paleo – everydaypaleo.com
- PaleOMG – paleomg.com
- PaleoPot – paleopot.com (Crock Pot Recipes)
- CrossFit Mayhem Nutrition Blog – crossfitmayhem.blogspot.com
- Primal Blueprint Cookbook – http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982207727/?tag=pfindex-20
- Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals – http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982207743/?tag=pfindex-20
- Paleo Comfort Foods – one of my favorites – http://www.amazon.com/dp/1936608936/?tag=pfindex-20
- Everyday Paleo – another common one used by a lot of people (she also has a great blog) – http://www.amazon.com/dp/098256581X/?tag=pfindex-20
- Paleo Food – online cookbook – http://www.paleofood.com/
From – http://www.crossfitmayhem.com/nutrition/
Whether you are participating in the Nutritional Challenge or not this is a great site for REAL FOOD. This site includes restaurants that are trying to move toward more healthful practices in food selection and preparation, such as using local produce, organic foods grassfed beef, etc.
Restaurants in our area
Harvest Organic Grille
True Food Kitchen
Harolds in the Heights