- Please check the website daily for WOD posts, schedule changes, announcements, events and general news. This information will also be posted on our FaceBook page. Comments on posts welcome and encouraged!
- If you leave something at the box it will be placed in the lost and found bin. The lost and found bin is located by the whiteboard under the red table. The lost and found bin will be cleaned out monthly.
- Please keep your contact & payment information up to date with CrossFit Memorial Houston.
- The best way to communicate with CrossFit Memorial Houston is via email and phone: email@example.com or 713-487-8543.
- Arrive early and stay late to cheer, clap and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Besides, if you are late, it’s a 10 burpee penalty per minute.
- Engage your brain when you walk in the door. Be aware and respectful of your surroundings. If there is teaching going on stay quiet so people can hear and learn. If there is a WOD going on, stay out of the way and off the equipment until your class begins.
- If you forget to sign in, it’s a 25 burpee penalty. And regarding any burpee incentives…you may cry and whine all you want, as long as we can hear you counting (and if no one signs in, no coach is obligated to be there to coach an empty class).
- Welcome those who are new! Extend your hand in friendship and help instruct those who need help. We want you to make friends and support each other!
- Please remove your head phones, it is hard for you to hear safety instructions with them on.
- Any “extra credit/ skill work” done on your own must be done during your class time…when your class ends, get out of the way for the next class…it is just respectful and kind!
- The WOD…it is what it is (unless you are injured or new).
- Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Check your ego at the door. Practice safe habits.
- Grunting, screaming, cussing and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout. There is such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Also remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful!
- EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped (neither were dumbbells or kettlebells). We don’t want our toys, our rubber floor, you or someone else broken unnecessarily.
- Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust makes a huge mess!
- Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints and whatever else you’ve left behind. Don’t forget to put your water bottles in the trash too.
- Finally…have fun and work hard…that is what we are here to do! If you cheat, you are only cheating yourself!
*These rules were taken and slightly modified from CFLA’s gym rules.
- Advance payment is required.
- Payments are due at the 1st of the month and will be automatically withdrawn from your account when set up in the MindBODY system.
- Membership dues are prorated for those who join mid month (the first month only).
- You may cancel your membership and/or automatic payment with a 30 day written notice (email is accepted). No exceptions, 30 days is REQUIRED. Without 30 day advanced notice, upon receiving a cancellation notice you will be charged for the following month.
- If you would like to change your membership option (increase or decrease the amount of times you attend CrossFit Memorial Houston), please provide a 2 week (14 day) advance WRITTEN notice so we can get you set up properly. Requests will be considered late after the 25th day of the month and you will be charged a $10 administrative fee (no exceptions). Please submit written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- $25 late fee for payments received after the 5th of the month.
- Missed classes can be made up during the same month (classes do not roll over from month to month. We are a “month to month” gym so use them or lose them).
- You must sign in for all classes. If you “late cancel” we are holding that spot for you, so therefore that class will be deducted from your allotted classes for the month.
- To avoid “late cancel”, you must cancel any classes you are unable to attend within 12 hours.
- You have up to 30 minutes to sign into class.
- If you forget to sign in and show up to class, there will be a 25 Burpee penalty.
- If no one is signed up for class, the class will be cancelled – make sure you sign!
- A Fundamentals Class is required for all new members. Please contact email@example.com or 713-487-8543 to schedule.
- You are agreeing to these policies and rules by signing up via MindBODY and paying for your membership…not to mention actually attending classes!
- Feel free to stop by and watch a class and see what CrossFit Memorial Houston has to offer!
CrossFit Kids/Teens Rules:
- Listen to your coaches.
- Try your very best.
- Do your own CrossFit, not anybody else’s.
- Keep your hands, feet, and equipment to yourself.
- Follow the safety rules or sit out until you can.
- Don’t go on equipment or use equipment without a coach.
- Tell a coach right away if you get hurt.
- Play fair.
- Cheer for others.
- HAVE FUN!
DISCLAIMER: This site claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail info@