What is CrossFit you might ask? Click HERE to find out more!
If you want to get started…you can start with our either our Introduction Class or a Bring a Friend Class or jump right into the On-Ramp Program. Check our our website for dates and details.
CrossFit Memorial Houston On-Ramp Program:
CrossFit Memorial Houston has designed this On-Ramp Program as a way to develop your “CrossFit Skills” and expose you to our basic movements. It has been created and designed to help prepare you to enter our ongoing CrossFit Group Classes successfully. During this 1 week On-Ramp Program, we will work on technique to ensure your safety and to help you be successful in the next level of classes! By the end of this program…you will be able to determine if CrossFit is the right choice in fitness for you!
Here is what you can expect:
- We will introduce you to technique and mechanics first, then intensity.
- You will progress from the least technical to more technical movements.
- You must attend all 3 classes before moving to the CrossFit Group Classes. Each Session will build on the next. If you miss one class you have the opportunity to make it up once the following week otherwise you will have to restart the program.
- There will be a WOD (“workout of the day”) at the end of each day/class which will progressively become more challenging as the course progresses.
- The difficulty of these WOD’s is ultimately up to you…you will determine your own fate each day! The class is called “On Ramp” for a specific reason…we want to ramp you up to the level of intensity and output that is inherent in our group classes.
- As you perform the WOD’s we may scale you in the middle to make it more difficult or easier depending on what we observe. This is to ensure you are getting the proper reinforcement that we are looking for as your coach and not something we do arbitrarily.
- This program is intended for you to become safe and familiar with the most common movements so that you can attend any class and feel comfortable with what is going on. There are so many variations of these movements that we could spend 6 weeks on them and not cover them all. You will not become an expert overnight or even in a month. These things take time and this is the foundation for you to build on. Over the coming months your coach will help you refine the movements as you become more fit.
- You will have safe fun here at CFMH, make great friends and become the fittest you have most likely ever been in your life.
- NOTE: No matter how much you think you know about exercise, I promise you will still learn and get value from the time/money you put into this On-Ramp Program. CrossFit is NOTHING like any other fitness program you have experienced.
CrossFit Group Classes:
Always under the guidance of a coach, CrossFit Group Classes provide an atmosphere of team support and motivation and also offers the fun and challenge of a different Workout Of The Day (WOD) every day. (Are you wondering exactly, “What is CrossFit?”)
CrossFit Skills Classes:
These classes are ADVANCED classes designed to focus on skill development specifically focusing on olympic lifting and powerlifting. We will review the skill and then perform a workout utilizing this skill. As a result these classes generally have a different WOD than what is posted on our WOD blog.
We offer group CrossFit classes – morning, afternoon, and evening – 6 days a week. No excuses! View our schedule and fees here.