We encourage you to try multiple CrossFit gyms out. Each has its own culture, type of clientele, class structure and offerings. Our recommendation is to find a facility that works for you and your goals. We hope that CFMH is that gym. We pride ourselves on the quality of our training, our understanding of fitness and experience in teaching the CrossFit movements and the proven results that we have produced over the years. We are located about 1.2 miles from City Centre/Town & Country Mall in the Memorial Area Neighborhood.
All are independent of one another, but we are all part of a much larger, worldwide fitness movement- CrossFit.
Here are things to look for when searching for a solid CrossFit to join:
- Check to see if the CrossFit you are looking into programs skills to work on or lifts to get stronger in. If they only program a workout without training skills or strength, then how are you supposed to get better? Just doing a workout will only take you so far.
- Do they have a beginner program, often called an on-ramp or elements course? If they do not have one then that is a major red flag. Learning how to do the foundational movements in a safe manner is the most important thing to learn from day 1. It will either set you up for success or failure in CrossFit.
- How is the training staff? How long has their most experienced trainers been certified to coach CrossFit? What is their fitness and nutrition experience?
- Do they discuss and go over recovery and mobility with their athletes? Everyone gets injured and although CrossFit is an amazing way to get and stay fit it is still a sport. Proper recovery is always key.
- Is nutrition discussed? No matter how hard you work out, if you are not eating properly then you will never see the results you truly desire. How are the gyms results? Before and after pictures?
- Price: Obviously this is a factor in your decision making process. There is an old adage that still rings true. You get what you pay for. We do not cut price to match or beat competitors. If you are simply looking for the cheapest product, we’ll be happy to refer you to the most inexpensive facility in the area. Not everyone appreciates value.
- Facility: Is the facility equipped with essential CrossFit equipment? Is there enough space? Part of CrossFit requires easy access to the outdoors. Is there easy access? Is the facility kept clean and tidy?
- Culture: Visit a facility when there are classes going on. Take a look at the clientele. Are the happy? Are they working hard or simply hanging around? Are they being actively coached and are the coaches engaged? Is there a good feel of community?
- Fitness levels in the gym: When you are looking at facilities, take a look at the fitness levels. Is the entire gym filled with young fire breathing guys and gals? Is it filled only with fitness beginners?
These are all questions you should be asking yourself when choosing a CrossFit gym that is right for you. It’s about educating yourself as a person and achieving higher fitness. Do your research and come to an educated conclusion on what is best for you.
Click Here to read about how to get started!