CFMH QuickFit Schedule
Just a Reminder that tomorrow we will be running the Nutritional Challenge Benchmark WOD during the Saturday morning class.
We will have 2 class times…7:00 am and 8:00 am.
Please be sure to sign up on-line!
NOTE: Yes, you can still do the WOD even if you are not participating in the challenge.
CFMH Spring Nutritional and Fitness Challenge
February 16, 2013 to March 30, 2013
- To increase fitness performance through healthy eating and regular exercise while improving your body composition (i.e. by shedding fat and gaining lean muscle mass).
- $20/person – if you wish to participate – all money is DUE by February 16th. We will not collect any additional funds after February 16th. We will have the collection box available the week February 9th – February 16th on the desk in the office (or give to a coach). No refunds will be provided once the challenge has started.
- We will accept CASH ONLY, no exceptions.
- The kitty will be the foundation for the prize money – it will come right back to you for your hard work!
Benchmark WOD – 400m Run, 25 Slam Balls (12/20), 200m Run, 15 Pull Ups, 400m Run
- Saturday, February 16th – We will run the WOD on this day only.
- Saturday, March 30th will be the re-test (we will only run the re-test on this day as well)
- Please be there! If you cannot make the benchmark WOD, please inform one of the coaches.
- Max Burpees in 2 minutes: a great chance to work on your endurance for the next six weeks. We will bench mark the total number of burpees you can do at one time in 2 minutes and then re-test this after six weeks. This is meant to be a challenge – so you will want to push yourself!
- Saturday, February 9th at 3:00 pm. Vanessa, Chloe and Lori will explain, high-level, each diet (Zone, Paleo and Advocare) for you. We will also review the rules of the challenge and will be available for any questions you might have.
- Saturday, February 16th at 7am. Vanessa will be available to answer any last minute questions and to weigh, measure and take before photos.
- You must be a CFMH member to participate
- Must weigh in at the gym (confidential)
- Must get measured at the gym – hips, waist, chest (confidential) before and after.
- Must take before and after pictures (pictures will be posted of winners (we will show you the pictures before we post them, but they will be posted). Pictures will be taken at the gym at the same time as the measurements. NOTE: You will be allowed to email your own pictures if you like, but all measurements must be taken by a coach.
- All before weigh-ins, measurements and pictures will done at the gym the week of February 9th – February 16th ONLY. All after weigh-ins, measurements and pictures will be done the week the week of March 23rd – March 30th.
- Must participate in the benchmark WOD and re-test WOD
- Must follow either the Paleo Diet, the Zone Diet or Advocare (NO exceptions) and let your team captain know ASAP which diet you have chosen for the challenge (no changing back and forth b/c your diet will help determine which team you are assigned to).
- You will be broken into groups and assigned a “team captain” for your group.
- Must submit a food journal and email to your entire team for advice, feedback and accountability (your team captain will be responsible for ensuring you turn this in each week and will update coaches on progress). You only need to submit three days worth of entries.
- You are allowed ONE cheat MEAL per week…all other meals MUST follow the Zone, Paleo or Advocare.
- We encourage you to support each other through sharing of recipes, tips and best practices with others (via email to your teams. Your team captain is responsible for initiating weekly emails)
- You should workout at least 3 times per week…at least 2 of those workouts must be CrossFit. You can use Travel WOD’s as a supplement. You must record your workouts on your journal and submit them to your captain.
- In preparation for the burpee challenge you must complete 3x/week minimum. You can of course do this more than 3x/week it’s up to you on how hard you want to push yourself. These can be completed before or after class or independently.
- Week 1: 25 burpees
- Week 2: 30 burpees
- Week 3: 35 burpees
- Week 4: 40 burpees
- Week 5: 45 burpees
- Week 6: 50 burpees
- You are encouraged to ask questions to your group and your team captain. This is intended to bring your group together so you can all learn together.
- Please note if you choose the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge, Lori will help you choose which set of core products you would like, and she will place the order. The approximate cost for the 24 Day Challenge is $190.00. It takes 2 days for your products to come to Lori’s house. She will notify you when your products arrive, and she can meet you at CFMH for delivery. For more information on the 24 Day Challenge please go towww.choosethechallenge.com or view Lori’s personal website at – www.advocare.com/1007985
- Winners will be selected based on the following results (in no particular order):
- Weight lost
- Inches lost
- Before and after pictures
- Improvements in benchmark WOD
- Improvement in burpees/skill
- Overall participation in teams…i.e. turning in weekly food journals, completing 3 workouts per week, sharing best practices, sharing recipes and supporting the team as a whole
- Winners will be announced Saturday, April 6th after the 8am WOD – Stay and have a breakfast/brunch by bringing your favorite Zone or Paleo meal and celebrating your accomplishment at the box!
- Overall Winner – surprise!
- 2nd Place – surprise!
- 3rd Place – surprise!
Judges / Managers of Program:
- Chloe Sherfield
- Vanessa Goebel
Boot Camp WOD @ MBC
200 m run
20 Sit Ups
Thanks to everyone for making CFMH Boot Camp so AWESOME! Bye…Bye Memorial Bend Club and HELLO CFMH Box! Looking forward to moving you guys over to the box! See you all there! 🙂
Head over to the box for SLAM BALL of a time!!!
Run, run, run over to the box for a fun, fun, fun WOD today!!!
Row, row, row your booties over to the Box for the WOD today!!!
Boot Camp @ MBC
In 10 minutes complete
800 m Run
In remaining time AMRAP
10 DB Push Press
10 Sit Ups
Rest 2 Minute
In 10 Minutes Complete
In remaining time
Max reps DB Squat Cleans
— Use the same weight DB for push press and squat cleans